CRUISE SHIP EXCURSION NAPIER
Authentic Personalised Tour
Private group maximum of 4 people per Tour
- Tour commences in a modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Napier History (A museum without walls)
- The Art Deco rebuild
- Historic Ahuriri fishing village
- Iconic National Tobacco Company
- Picturesque coastal drive
- Orchard and fruit stall visit
- Relax, local hospitality with tea & coffee at a private country block in the Esk hills.
- Fun, we turn the clock back 50 years to the automotive golden era, hop aboard our classic 1966 Pontiac sedan, your transport option for the return trip
- Visit the art deco suburb Marewa
- Full commentary during the tour
- Wine tasting options are available if requested, (additional charges may apply) Wazza brings stories alive as he narrates Napier’s past and present. You will journey from town to country. Hear of a vibrant coastal city brought to an earth-shattering standstill by the famous 1931 earthquake. Recount the tales of personal loss and tragedy. This resilient city rebuilt to become known as the self-proclaimed Art Deco Capital of the world.Experience local hospitality with a rural stopover at Wazza and Fiona’s family home on a small country block. Enjoy a coffee break while taking in the ocean views.
We turn the clock back 50 years to the automotive golden era, our new mode of transport is a classic 1966 Pontiac sedan.
We cruise back into the city with the radio playing old songs and visit the Art Deco suburb.
Duration of tour: Approximately 4 Hours
Cost: $425 per vehicle with a maximum of 4 people.
For Cruise ship passengers we will meet you at the shuttle drop then return you to the pickup point allowing you plenty of time to catch your shuttle bus back to the ship.
We can also pick up from local accommodation in Napier.
Reviews from TripAdvisor
Our ship arrived early but Warren was on the ball and waiting for us. The overall tour was a great way to understand and appreciate the history of Napier and how it was re-built in Art Deco style. There were many bonuses including a ride in a beautifully maintained 1966 Pontiac, a relaxing afternoon tea and a look at his childhood home.
Warren showed us historic photographs along the way to get a better idea of the shifts in land level that occurred. The itinerary is quite flexible and we were able to spend extra time in a couple of fascinating stores.
Highly recommended. Great value and generous hospitality. One of the highlights of our NZ trip.
Neil and Anne
Absolutely first class tour of the fascinating Art Deco city of Napier. Warren (Wazza) brought the entire tragedy of the great earthquake of 1931 into sharp focus and showed us a detailed view of the recovery and the results of the monumental effort to rebuild the entire city. Highly recommend Napier Tours NZ and Wazza as your guide to this region. Warren can tailor the tour to suit your specific needs as well. Enjoy. Bruce and Pamela
Napier Tours NZ Ltd