Tour option 1
CRUISE SHIP EXCURSIOn, City Tour, A TRULY LOCAL EXPERIENCE, AVOID THE CROWDS
A Maximum of 4 people per Tour
Avoid the crowds when you visit Napier, Enjoy a truly local experience with Wazza. For Cruise ship passengers we will meet you at the shuttle drop of point the Napier i-SITE and return to the pickup point allowing you plenty of time to catch your shuttle bus back to the ship.
We can also pick you up from local accommodation in Napier.
Wazza brings stories alive as he narrates Napier’s past and present. You will journey from town to country. Hear of a vibrant coastal city brought to an earth-shattering standstill by the famous 1931 earthquake. Recount the tales of personal loss and tragedy. This resilient city rebuilt to become known as the self-proclaimed Art Deco Capital of the world.
A comprehensive tour of Napier city :
- Tour commences in a modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Napier History (A museum without walls)
- The Art Deco rebuild
- Bluff hill with panoramic ocean views
- Historic Ahuriri fishing village
- Iconic National Tobacco Company
- Picturesque coastal drive
- Local hospitality with Tea /coffee & biscuits at a country block in the Esk hills.
- A 15-minute movie on the 1931 Earthquake and Art Deco rebuild
- Now we turn the clock back 50 years to the automotive golden era. A rare 1966 Pontiac sedan, your transport option for the return trip
- Visit the art deco suburb Marewa
- Full commentary during the tour
- Wine tasting options are available if requested, (additional charges may apply)
Duration of tour: Approximately 4 Hours
Cost: $325 Per vehicle with a maximum of 4 people.
REVIEWS [from our TripAdvisor page]
Our ship arrived early but Warren was on the ball and waiting for us. The overall tour was a great way to understand and appreciate the history of Napier and how it was re-built in Art Deco style. There were many bonuses including a ride in a beautifully maintained 1966 Pontiac, a relaxing afternoon tea and a look at his childhood home.
Warren showed us historic photographs along the way to get a better idea of the shifts in land level that occurred. The itinerary is quite flexible and we were able to spend extra time in a couple of fascinating stores.
Highly recommended. Great value and generous hospitality. One of the highlights of our NZ trip.
Neil and Anne
Absolutely first class tour of the fascinating Art Deco city of Napier. Warren (Wazza) brought the entire tragedy of the great earthquake of 1931 into sharp focus and showed us a detailed view of the recovery and the results of the monumental effort to rebuild the entire city. Highly recommend Napier Tours NZ and Wazza as your guide to this region. Warren can tailor the tour to suit your specific needs as well. Enjoy. Bruce and Pamela
Excellent day and very informative, Warren went out of his way at short notice to show us the history & beauty of Napier. His local knowledge of Hawkes Bay is invaluable. We highly recommend doing a tour with them, loved the experience of being chauffeured around in a beautiful 1966 Pontiac.
Terry & Corrie